EVENT: NSBA STATE
GROUP: Varsity Band and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, October 22, 2016
LOCATION: Millard South High School Stadium
1:30PM – Band Room opens and students get instruments, flags, uniform bags and hats.
2:00PM – Walk Through in Stadium.
3:00PM – Eat Dinner/Dress for Performance
4:00PM – Load Busses and Depart for Millard South
4:45PM – Stretch Behind Bus
6:10PM – Warm-Up
7:00PM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: $8.00 for adults, $5.00 for students and senior citizens.
8:30PM – Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
9:00PM – Buses Leave Millard South for Burke
9:30PM – Buses arrive at Burke
EVERYONE Helps cleans up Buses, Band Room, and Hallway.
DRESS: Band Uniform- show t-shirt, black shorts, black socks and band shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Mr. Baker
• No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottle water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters)
• Bring a Snack
• STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, BRING A SNACK/MONEY FOR CONCESSIONS, A CHANE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER.
• Students are to remain in full uniform unless instructed otherwise by the directors.
• Report at 1:30PM, regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
• Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them.
• Please thank the bus rivers and parents helpers for their hard work and dedication
• DO NOT WASTE YOUR ENERGY BY RUNNING AROUND NEEDLESSLY.
•limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in this season!!! You have REALLY grown and made some AMAZING progress!!! We are very proud of you!!! Now let’s go be GREAT!!!!!
-Mr. Wright, Mr. Brown, & the Burke High School Band Staff