GROUP: Varsity Band and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, October 15, 2016
LOCATION: Burke High School
TIMES:10:30AM – Band Room opens and students get instruments, flags, uniform bags and hats. (Students Get Dressed)
11:00AM – Rehearse in the gym.
12:25PM – Go to Warm-Up Area
1:15PM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: $10.00 for adults, $7.00 for students and senior citizens which admits you to both prelims and finals).
2:00PM – Prelims Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
2:30PM – Dinner in cafeteria (Booster Parents Provide)
4:30PM – Change back into uniforms, warm-up and perform in Finals (time TBA)
7:45PM – Finals Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
8:00PM –Help Clean up the campus
EVERYONE Helps cleans up band room, hallway and Campus.
DRESS: Band Uniform- show t-shirt, black shorts, black socks and band shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Mr. Baker
• No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottle water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters)
• Bring a Snack
• STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, BRING A SNACK/MONEY FOR CONCESSIONS, A CHANE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER.
• Students are to remain in full uniform unless instructed otherwise by the directors.
• Report at 10:30AM, regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
• Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them.
• Please thank the bus rivers and parents helpers for their hard work and dedication
• DO NOT WASTE YOUR ENERGY BY RUNNING AROUND NEEDLESSLY.
•limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy their performance!
-Mr. Wright, Mr. Brown, & the Burke High School Band Staff