EVENT: Dutchmen Field Championship Competition
GROUP: Varsity Band and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, October 8, 2016
LOCATION: Northwestern College, 615 8th St, SE, Orange City, IA 51041
12:00 PM – Band Room opens and students get instrument, flags, uniform bags and hats. Proceed to the field.
12:30 PM – Rehearse in the stadium
1:00 PM – Load Buses
1:30 PM – Buses leave Burke
4:30 PM – Arrive at Pizza Ranch 1505 8th St, SE, Orange City, IA 51041 (Dinner Provided)
6:00 PM – Depart for Northwest College
6:05 PM – Arrive at Northwest College
8:30 PM – Band Competes in competition $10 for adults, $6 for students
9:30 PM – Fireworks
9:45 PM – Finals Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
10:00 PM – Load Buses and depart for Burke
1:00 AM – Arrive at Burke High School
Low Brass: cleans up band room and hallway
DRESS: Band Uniform- show t-shirt, black shorts, black socks and band shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Mr. Baker
• No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottle water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters).
• Bring a snack.
• STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, BRING A SNACK/MONEY FOR
CONCESSIONS, A CHANGE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER.
• Students are to remain in full uniform unless instructed otherwise by the directors.
• Report at 12:00 PM, regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
• Please be sure your child has their inhaler/Epipen with them.
• Please thank the bus rivers and parents helpers for their hard work and dedication.
• DO NOT WASTE YOUR ENERGY BY RUNNING AROUND NEEDLESSLY.
• Limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy their performance!
— Mr. Wright, Mr. Brown, & the Burke High School Band Staff