EVENT: Millard West Wildcat Classic
GROUP: Varsity Band and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, September 17, 2016
LOCATION: Millard South High School, 14905 Q St. Omaha, NE 68137 (notice the location)
8:30 AM – Band Room opens and students get instrument, flags, uniform bags and hats. Proceed to the field.
9:00 AM – Rehearse in the stadium
10:00 AM – Snack, change into uniforms at field and load buses
10:30 AM – Buses leave Burke
11:00 AM – Arrive at Millard South High School and go to warm-up area
1:30 PM – Perform in Prelim Field Competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: $10.00 for adults, $7.00 for students and senior citizens which admits you to both prelims and finals)
2:45 PM – Prelims Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome).
3:15 PM – Dinner (Booster Parents Provide)
4:45 PM – Change back into uniforms, warm-up and perform in Finals (time TBA)
9:45 PM – Finals Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
10:00 PM – Buses leave Millard South High School
10:30 PM – Buses arrive at Burke, unload, turn uniforms
Flute Section & Drum Majors cleans up band room and hallway
DRESS: Band Uniform- show t-shirt, black shorts, black socks and band shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Mr. Baker
• No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottle water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters)
• Bring a Snack
• STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, BRING A SNACK/MONEY FOR CONCESSIONS, A CHANE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER.
• Students are to remain in full uniform unless instructed otherwise by the directors.
• Report at 8:30AM, regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
• Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them.
• Please thank the bus rivers and parents helpers for their hard work and dedication
• DO NOT WASTE YOUR ENERGY BY RUNNING AROUND NEEDLESSLY.
•limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy their performance!
-Mr. Wright, Mr. Brown, & the Burke High School Band Staff