EVENT: Home football game
GROUP: Varsity Band and Prep Band
DATE: Friday, October 23, 2015
LOCATION: Burke Stadium
5:00 PM – Band, Battery and Front Line Report to band room, warm-up as assigned, practice pep band music.
5:45 PM – Line up in parade formation.
6:10 PM – Arrive in stadium, Varsity Band sets up for National Anthem
6:20 PM – Senior Band parents members dismissed to go meet their parents
6:30 PM – Senior band members recognized
6:50 PM – National Anthem, followed by pre-game
7:00 PM – Game begins,
2nd Quarter – Band warm-up.
Halftime – Varsity Band performs show, Prep Band Assists Front line and Props
3rd and 4th Quarter – Students will be dismissed after half-time.
EQUIPMENT: Instrument, music in flip folder
DRESS: Band – Band uniform, show t-shirt & shorts, black socks, band shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Miss Sitko.
• No non-band members may sit with the band and band students will sit in their assigned sections at all times.
• Students are expected to stay in the band section for the entire game (attendance will be taken).
• All students should be ready to stand and perform every pep band song the drum majors call up during the game.
• Students may want to have a jacket, sweatshirt, etc. for inclement weather.
• Report at 5:00 PM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a game time performance decision will be made by the directors.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy their performance!
-Mr. Wright, Mr. Spath, & the Burke High School Band Staff