GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, October 17, 2015
LOCATION: Burke High School
EMERGENCY CONTACTS: Mr. Wright 402-807-9070 (Cell), Mr. Spath 402-981-9504 (Cell)
**Please only use these numbers for emergencies on the day of the show**
10:30AM – Band Room opens and students get instruments, flags, uniform bags and hats. (Students Get Dressed)
11:00AM – Rehearse in the gym.
12:25PM – Go to Warm-Up Area
1:05PM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: $10.00 for adults, $7.00 for students and senior citizens which admits you to both prelims and finals).
2:00PM – Prelims Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
2:30PM – Dinner in cafeteria (Booster Parents Provide)
4:30PM – Change back into uniforms, warm-up and perform in Finals (time TBA)
7:45PM – Finals Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
8:00PM –Help Clean up the campus
Low Brass cleans up buses, band room, and hallways
DRESS: Band uniform, show shirt & shorts, black socks, band shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Miss Sitko.
- No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
- BRING A SNACK!!!!!
- STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, BRING A SACK LUNCH DINNER/MONEY FOR THE CONCESSIONS, A CHANGE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
- Report at 10:30AM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
- Remember, how we act outside the performance is just as important as the performance. In reality, you are performing the entire day.
- Please thank the bus drivers and parent helpers for their hard work and dedication.
- Do not waste your energy by running around needlessly.
- Limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
- Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy the show!
-Mr. Wright, Mr. Spath, & the Burke High School Band Staff