EVENT: Dutchmen Field Championship
GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, October 10, 2015
LOCATION: Korver Field, 615 8th St SE, Orange City, IA 51041
EMERGENCY CONTACTS: Mr. Wright 402-807-9070 (Cell), Mr. Spath 402-981-9504 (Cell)
**Please only use these numbers for emergencies on the day of the show**
12:00PM – Band Room opens and students get instruments, flags, uniform bags and hats.
12:30PM – Band loads buses
1:00PM – Buses leave Burke.
3:30PM – Arrive at Pizza Ranch for dinner.
4:30PM – Arrive at Korver Field. Students will watch a few Bands perform.
8:45PM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band.
9:45PM – Fireworks
9:55PM – Awards
10:30PM – Buses leave Korver Field
1:00AM – Buses arrive at Burke, unload, turn in uniforms.
Trumpet Section cleans up band room, and hallways.
DRESS: Band uniform, show shirt & shorts, black socks, band shoes. Color Guard uniform designated by Miss Sitko.
- No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
- BRING A SNACK!!!!!
- STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, BRING A SACK LUNCH DINNER/MONEY FOR THE CONCESSIONS, A CHANGE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
- Report at 12:00PM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather, a performance decision will be made by the directors.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
- Remember, how we act outside the performance is just as important as the performance. In reality, you are performing the entire day.
- Please thank the bus drivers and parent helpers for their hard work and dedication.
- Do not waste your energy by running around needlessly.
- Limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
- Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far!
-Mr. Wright, Mr. Spath, & the Burke High School Band Staff