EVENT: Papio South Marching South
GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, September 26, 2015
LOCATION: Papio South 10799 Highway 370, Papillion, NE 68046
EMERGENCY CONTACTS: Mr. Wright 402-807-9070 (Cell)
**Please only use these numbers for emergencies on the day of the show**
7:00AM – Band Room opens and students get instruments, flags, uniform bags and hats (Students Get Dressed)
7:30AM – Buses leave Burke.
8:00AM – Arrive at Papio South and go to warm-up area.
10:00AM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: $10.00 for adults, $7.00 for students and senior citizens which admits you to both prelims and finals). Due to Homecoming we will only perform in Prelims.
11:00AM – Buses leave Papio South.
11:30AM – Buses arrive at Burke, unload, turn in uniforms.
Clarinet Section cleans up,band room, and hallways.
DRESS: Band uniform, show shirt & shorts, black socks, band shoes. Color Guard uniform designated by Miss Sitko.
- No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
- BRING A SNACK!!!!!
- STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, BRING A SACK LUNCH DINNER/MONEY FOR THE CONCESSIONS, A CHANGE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
- Report at 7:00AM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather, a performance decision will be made by the directors.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
- Remember, how we act outside the performance is just as important as the performance. In reality, you are performing the entire day.
- Please thank the bus drivers and parent helpers for their hard work and dedication.
- Do not waste your energy by running around needlessly.
- Limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
- Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far! The students had a great competition at the Wildcat Cat Classic and are working very hard.-Mr. Wright, Mr. Spath, & the Burke High School Band Staff