EVENT: Omaha Marching Invitational (OMI)
GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, October 18, 2014
2:30 PM – Meet in band room, put on uniforms
4:05 PM – Go to the warm-up area by the circle
5:00 PM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: $8.00 for adults, $5.00 for students, children 5 and under are free).
5:15 PM – Go to the area on the track by the south end zone for awards
5:30 PM – Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome).
6:00 PM – Change out of uniforms and leave Burke (Clean-up Duty: Percussion)
EMERGENCY CONTACTS: Mr. Wright 402-807-9070, Mr. Spath 402-981-9504 (Cell). **Please only use these numbers for emergencies on the day of the show**
DRESS: Band uniform, 2014 show shirt, black socks, band shoes or Color Guard uniform/costume designated by Miss Sitko.
- No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field
competition courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public (including guides).
- Remember, how we act outside the performance is just as important as the
performance. In reality, you are performing the entire day.
- Please thank the parent helpers for their hard work and dedication.
- Do not waste your energy by running around needlessly.
- Report at 2:30PM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
- Guides will have a short meeting right after school on Friday, October 17th
on the front steps outside the B area.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy the show!
-Mr. Wright, Mr. Spath & the Burke High School Band Staff