EVENT: Bellevue East High School Chieftain Marching Invitational
GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, October 11, 2014
LOCATION: 1401 High School Dr. Bellevue, NE 68005
EMERGENCY CONTACTS: Mr. Wright 402-807-9070 (Cell), Mr. Spath 402-981-9504 (Cell) **Please only use these numbers for emergencies on the day of the show**
9:00 AM – Band Room opens and students get instruments, flags, uniform bags and hats. 9:30 AM – Rehearsal in the stadium
11:00 AM – Depart Burke for Bellevue East 11:30AM Arrive at Bellevue East
1:15 PM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: $10.00 for adults, $7.00 for students and senior citizens which admits you to both prelims and finals).
2:00 PM – Prelims Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
2:30 PM – Lunch (Booster Parents Provide)
3:30 PM – Meet and Review Prelims
4:30 PM – Change back into uniforms, warm-up and perform in Finals (time TBA)
7:15PM – Finals Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
8:00PM – Buses leave Bellevue East
8:30 PM – Buses arrive at Burke, unload, turn in uniforms, Trumpet Section cleans up buses, band room, and hallways
DRESS: Band uniform, show shirt & shorts, black socks, band shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Miss Sitko.
• No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
• BRING A SNACK!!!!!
• STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, MONEY FOR THE CONCESSIONS, A CHANGE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
• Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
• Report at 9:00AM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
• Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
• Remember, how we act outside the performance is just as important as the performance. In reality, you are performing the entire day.
• Please thank the bus drivers and parent helpers for their hard work and dedication.
• Do not waste your energy by running around needlessly.
• Limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy the show!
-Mr. Wright, Mr. Spath, & the Burke High School Band Staff