GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Tuesday, September 30, 2014
LOCATION: 124 N 20th St, Omaha, NE
EMERGENCY CONTACTS: Mr. Wright 402-807-9070 (Cell), Mr. Spath 402-981-9504 (Cell) **Please only use these numbers for emergencies on the day of the show**
4:30 PM – Band Room opens and students get instruments, flags, uniform bags and hats.
5:30 PM – Depart Burke for Central
6:00 PM – Arrive at Central and warm-up
7:45 PM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: FREE)
9:30 PM – Buses Depart Central High School
9:30 PM – Buses arrive at Burke, unload, turn in uniforms, Saxophone Section cleans up buses, band room, and hallways
DRESS: Band uniform, show shirt & shorts, black socks, band shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Miss Sitko.
• No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
• BRING A SNACK!!!!!
• STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO BRING MONEY FOR THE CONCESSIONS, A CHANGE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
• Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
• Report at 4:30 PM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
• Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epi pen with them.
• Remember, how we act outside the performance is just as important as the performance. In reality, you are performing the entire day.
• Please thank the bus drivers and parent helpers for their hard work and dedication.
• Do not waste your energy by running around needlessly.
• Limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy the show!
-Mr. Wright, Mr. Spath & the Burke High School Band Staff