PERFORMANCE INFORMATION EVENT: Papio South Marching Invitational
GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, September 27, 2014
LOCATION: Papio South 10799 Highway 370, Papillion, NE 68046
EMERGENCY CONTACTS: Mr. Wright 402-807-9070 (Cell), Mr. Spath 402-981-9504 (Cell) **Please only use these numbers for emergencies on the day of the show**
7:00 AM – Band Room opens and students get instruments, flags, uniform bags and hats. 8:00 AM – Buses leave Burke
8:30 AM – Arrive at Papio South and go to warm-up area
10:45 AM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: $10.00 for adults, $7.00 for students and senior citizens which admits you to both prelims and finals).
11:30 AM – Lunch (Band Boosters Provide)
2:15 PM – Prelims Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
3:30 PM – Meet and Review Prelims
4:30 PM – Dinner on your own
5:00 PM – Change back into uniforms, warm-up and perform in Finals (time TBA)
10:00 PM – Finals Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
10:30 PM – Buses leave Papio South
11:00 PM – Buses arrive at Burke, unload, turn in uniforms, Clarinet Section cleans up buses, band room, and hallways
DRESS: Band uniform, show shirt & shorts, black socks, band shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Miss Sitko.
- No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
- BRING A SNACK!!!!!
- STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, BRING A SACK LUNCH DINNER/MONEY FOR THE CONCESSIONS, A CHANGE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
- Report at 7:30AM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
- Remember, how we act outside the performance is just as important as the performance.
- In reality, you are performing the entire day.
- Please thank the bus drivers and parent helpers for their hard work and dedication.
- Do not waste your energy by running around needlessly.
- Limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. The students continue to do well in their football game performances, had a great competition at Millard South and are working very hard. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy the show!
-Mr. Wright, Mr. Spath & the Burke High School Band Staff