PERFORMANCE INFORMATION — UPDATED INFO 9-17-14
EVENT: Millard West Wildcat Classic
GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, September 20, 2014
LOCATION: Millard South High School, 14905 Q St, Omaha, NE 68137 (Notice the location)
EMERGENCY CONTACTS: Mr. Wright 901-496-3452 (Cell), Mr. Spath 402-981-9504 (Cell)
** Please only use these numbers for emergencies on the day of the show. **
9:30 AM – Band Room opens and students get instruments, flags, uniform bags and hats. Proceed to the field.
9:45 AM – Rehearse in the stadium.
12:00 PM – Donuts, change into uniforms at the field and load buses
12:30 PM – Buses leave Burke
1:00 PM – Arrive at Millard South High School and go to warm-up area
3:30 PM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: $10.00 for adults, $7.00 for students and senior citizens which admits you to both prelims and finals).
4:30 PM – Prelims Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
5:00 PM-Dinner ( Booster Parents Provide)
6:00 PM – Change back into uniforms, warm-up and perform in Finals (time TBA)
9:45 PM – Finals Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome)
10:15 PM – Buses leave Millard South High School
10:45 PM – Buses arrive at Burke, unload, turn in uniforms, Flute Section cleans up buses, band room and hallways
DRESS: Band uniform, show shirt & shorts, black socks, band shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Miss Sitko.
- No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
- BRING A SNACK!!!!!
- STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, BRING A SACK LUNCH DINNER/MONEY FOR THE CONCESSIONS, A CHANGE OF CLOTHES (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
- Report at 9:30AM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
- Remember, how we act outside the performance is just as important as the performance. In reality, you are performing the entire day.
- Please thank the bus drivers and parent helpers for their hard work and dedication.
- Do not waste your energy by running around needlessly.
- Limited bus space is available for parents/family members who can help chaperone/move equipment/props. We need people for every performance of this year’s show.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. The students continue to do well in their football game performances and are working very hard. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy the show!
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼-Mr. Wright, Mr. Spath, & the Burke High School Band Staff