EVENT: Home football game
GROUP: Varsity Band and Prep Band
DATE: Friday, August 29, 2014
LOCATION: Burke Stadium
5:00 PM — Report to band room, warm-up as assigned, practice pep band music.
6:15 PM — Varsity Band lines up in parade formation, Prep Band walks along to observe and then watches pregame from bleachers
6:45 PM — Arrive in stadium, Varsity Band sets up for National Anthem
6:50 PM — National Anthem, followed by pregame
7:00 PM — Game begins, Varsity Band and Prep Band provide pep band music. (Prep band observes this game)
2nd Quarter — Varsity Band warm-up, Prep Band stays in Seats.
Halftime — Varsity Band performs show, Prep Band observes/helps frontline.
3rd and 4th Quarter — Varsity Band and Prep Band provide pep band music (Prep band observes this game)
9:00-9:30 PM — Game ends and students return to band room after playing school song
EQUIPMENT: Instrument, music in flip folder
Varsity Band – show t-shirt, black shorts, white socks and tennis shoes or Color Guard uniform designated by Miss Hadley
Prep Band – black t-shirt or Burke HS Shirt, black shorts, white socks and tennis shoes
- No non-band members may sit with the band and band students will sit in their assigned sections at all times.
- Students are expected to stay in the band section for the entire game (attendance will be taken).
- All students should be ready to stand and perform every pep band song the drum majors call up during the game.
- Students may want to have a jacket, sweatshirt, etc. for inclement weather.
- Report at 5:00 PM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a game time performance decision will be made by the directors.
Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy their performance!
– Mr. Wright, Mr. Spath & the Burke High School Band Staff