Download the schedule here: 2013 NSBA
EVENT: NSBA Marching Band Festival (“State”)
GROUP: Varsity Band and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, October 26, 2013
LOCATION: Buell Stadium at MILLARD SOUTH High School (14905 Q St.)
2:45 PM -Meet in band room, change into bibbers and shoes
3:15 PM -Run show in the stadium. (bring instruments in cases, hats in boxes, and uniform bags)
4:15 PM -End rehearsal, eat dinner provided by Band Boosters, change into uniforms, load buses
5:15 PM -Depart Burke
5:45 PM -Arrive at Millard South, prepare to go to warm-up area
7:30 PM -Perform in Buell Stadium. Admission: Adults $8, Students $5.
Directors will be given a packet that will contain wristbands when they arrive at Millard South High School. Parents helping with the front-line equipment will be allowed to enter with the band (field level) without wearing a wristband. Upon completion of the band’s performance all band students and parents (field level) will exit the stadium. Anyone entering the stadium as a spectator will need to either purchase a ticket or be wearing one of the designated wristbands.
8:15 PM -Watch other bands after changing (we will be sitting together in the stands)
9:45 PM -Class AA Awards (Be professional no matter what the outcome).
10:00 PM -Return to buses
10:15 PM -Depart Millard South
10:35 PM -Arrive at Burke, turn in uniforms
(BAND SHOES ARE TO BE STORED IN LOCKERS)
11:00 PM -Students should be ready to go home (Low Brass section cleans
up halls and bandroom)
EMERGENCY CONTACTS: Mr. Spath 402-981-9504 (Cell), Mr. Edwards 402-708-2255
**Please only use these numbers for emergencies on the day of the show*
DRESS: Band uniform, 2013 show shirt (Prep Band black shirt), black socks, band shoes or Color Guard uniform/costume designated by Miss Hadley
- No food or drink in uniforms
- STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST AND LUNCH, BRING MONEY FOR THE CONCESSIONS (OPTIONAL), AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
- Remember, how we act outside the performance is just as important as the performance. In reality, you are performing the entire day.
- Please thank the bus drivers and parent helpers for their hard work and dedication.
- Do not waste your energy by running around needlessly.
- Report at 2:45PM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
- Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in THIS SEASON!
- We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy the show!
-Mr. Edwards, Mr. Spath, & the Burke High School Band Staff