EVENT: NSBA Marching Band Festival (“State”)
GROUP: Varsity Band and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, October 20, 2012
LOCATION: Buell Stadium at MILLARD SOUTH High School (14905 Q St.)
3:30 PM -Meet in band room, change into bibbers and shoes
4:15 PM -Run show in the stadium. (bring cases and uniform bags)
5:30 PM -End rehearsal, eat boxed dinner, get dressed
6:10 PM -Depart stadium
6:30 PM -Arrive at Millard South, unload, line up, warm-up
8:15 PM -Perform in Buell Stadium. Admission: Adults $8, Students $5.
Directors will be given a packet that will contain wristbands when they arrive at Millard South High School. Parents helping with the front-line equipment will be allowed to enter with the band (field level) without wearing a wristband. Upon completion of the band’s performance all band students and parents (field level) will exit the stadium. Anyone entering the stadium as a spectator will need to either purchase a ticket or be wearing one of the designated wristbands.
8:30 PM -Watch other bands (we will be sitting together in the stands)
9:30 PM -Class AA Awards
9:45 PM -Return to buses and pack up,
10:15 PM -Depart Millard South
10:35 PM -Arrive at Burke, turn in uniforms
11:00 PM -Students should be ready to go home
DRESS: Band uniform or Color Guard uniform, 2012 show t-shirt (Prep Band gray shirt), black socks, band shoes.
- No food or drink in uniforms. Booster parents will provide bottled water after the performance. Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
- Report at 3:30 PM regardless of weather conditions.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
- Next week we will have our photos and indoor concert on Tuesday, October 23rd after school with the photos starting at 5:00 PM and the indoor concert starting at 7:00 PM.
- The students are still working very hard, and continuing to improve. We have had wonderful parent/family help this year! Everyone did a fine job all season and with our outstanding students and parents/families we will have a great state marching festival on Saturday!
Thank you from the directors and staff!