EVENT: Omaha Marching Invitational (OMI)
GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, October 13, 2012
4:15PM-Meet in band room, put on uniforms
4:45PM- Go to the warm-up area by the circle
6:00PM-Perform in field competition.
We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band (Admission: $6.00 for adults, $3.00 for students, children 5 and under are free).
6:15PM-Go to the area on the track by the south end zone for awards
6:45PM-Change out of uniforms and leave Burke
DRESS: Band uniform: Show shirt (Prep Band-gray t-shirt) & shorts, black socks, band
shoes or Color Guard uniform
- No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
- Report at 4:15PM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
- Parking for OMI is restricted to certain areas. Plan ahead and be prepared to be dropped off or park/arrange to meet in the lots closest to the stadium or on a side street. Buses use the east lots at Burke
- Remember to report 2 hrs before your school performs if you are a guide.
- Guides will have a short meeting after school on Friday, October 12th in the band room.
- Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy their performance!
-Mr. Edwards, Mr. Spath, & the Burke High School Band Staff