EVENT: Omaha Marching Exhibition
GROUP: Varsity Band and Prep Band
DATE: Tuesday, October 2, 2012
LOCATION: Northwest High School (8204 Crown Point Avenue)
5:00 PM-Meet in band room, change into uniforms, review plans for the night,load buses
5:30 PM-Buses leave Burke
5:50 PM-Arrive at Northwest, warm-up, and tune.
7:00 PM-Exhibition begins. We are the last band out of 7 in the exhibition.
8:45 PM-Our field show and clinic are complete and we go to our assigned seats in the stands until conclusion of exhibition about 9:00 PM
9:00 PM-Go to buses
9:15 PM- Buses leave Northwest
9:45 PM-Buses arrive at Burke, unload and turn in uniforms
10:15 PM- Students should be finished with the evening’s activity
EQUIPMENT: Instrument, music in flip folder for National Anthem
DRESS: Band uniform, 2012 show shirt (gray shirt for Prep Band), shorts, black socks, band shoes or Percussion/Color Guard outfit
- No food or drink in uniforms (students will be given bottled water after the field exhibition courtesy of our Band Boosters).
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public
- Report at 5:00 PM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler with them Tuesday night if applicable
- THERE WILL BE PRACTICE ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 1ST FROM 6:00-9:00 PM.
- Students and parents are doing a great job! Thank you for all of your hard work!
-Mr. Edwards, Mr. Spath, and the Burke High School Band Staff