EVENT: Capitol City Marching Band Championships (PRELIMS AND FINALS)
GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, September 29, 2012
LOCATION: Seacrest Stadium, South 70th and A Sts. Lincoln, NE
Check the website at www.capitolcitymbc.lseband.org
7:30AM-Meet in band room, put on uniforms (bring bags and change of clothes) and load buses
8:00AM-Buses leave Burke
9:00AM-Arrive at Seacrest and go to warm-up area
10:30AM-Perform in field competition.
We hope you are able to watch us perform and support the band
(Admission: $10.00 for adults, $7.00 for students and senior citizens.
This admits you to both prelims and finals.)
10:45AM-Watch Hastings after dropping off poles
11:15AM- Change out of uniforms, eat lunch*, free time in Seacrest Park, and watch other bands
(Lunch is also being provided for the band this Saturday. This meal is only $2.00 and includes: A sub sandwich, chips, cookies and a bottle of water. Our bus chaperones will be collecting $2.00 from the students as they board the bus. Students will also receive a donut as they board the bus courtesy of Pettit’s Bakery.)
Time TBA-ALL meet at buses, change back into uniforms, warm-up/make adjustments and perform in Finals/watch other bands
5:00PM-Buses leave Seacrest
6:00PM-Buses arrive at Burke
DRESS: Band uniform: Show shirt (Prep Band-gray t-shirt) & shorts, black socks, band shoes or Color Guard uniform
- No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field competition courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
- STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST, BRING A SNACK (OPTIONAL) AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
- Report at 7:30AM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.
- Thank you for all the hard work students and parents have put in so far. The students continue to do well in their football game performances and competitions and are working very hard. We are very proud of the students and hope you enjoy the show!
-Mr. Edwards, Mr. Spath, & the Burke High School Band Staff