EVENT: Wildcat Classic
GROUP: Varsity and Prep Band
DATE: Saturday, September 15, 2012
LOCATION: Millard South Buell Stadium, 14905 Q St.
11:00AM – Meet in band room, put on uniforms (bring bags, sack dinners or money for dinner and change of clothes), practice in stadium, and load buses
12:30PM – Buses leave Burke
Limited bus space is available for parents/family members/friends
who can help move equipment/props. We need a few people to
help with frontline equipment/props at every performance of this
1:00PM – Arrive at Millard South and go to warm-up area
2:30PM – Perform in field competition. We hope you are able to watch us
perform and support the band (Admission: $7.00 for adults, $5.00 for students and senior citizens which admits you to both prelims and finals).
2:45PM – Change out of uniforms, visit concessions, watch other bands
4:15PM – Prelims Awards
4:30PM – Eat dinner (HyVee will be catering the event with grilled burgers and brats, price TBA)
5:00PM – Drumline, frontline, and guard stay for rehearsal. Winds meet back at buses (Unless we have an early finals performance in which case we will stay and watch other bands)
5:15PM – Buses leave Millard South
5:30PM – Buses arrive at Burke for rehearsal
6:15-6:45PM – Buses leave Burke (depending on seeding for finals)
TBA – ALL meet at buses, change back into uniforms, warm-up and perform in Finals, watch other bands
8:45PM – Finals Awards
9:15PM – Buses leave Millard South
9:45PM – Buses arrive at Burke
DRESS: Band uniform, show shirt & shorts, black socks, band shoes or Color Guard uniform
- No food or drink in uniforms (Students will be given bottled water after the field competitions, courtesy of our Band Boosters.)
- STUDENTS ARE REMINDED TO EAT BREAKFAST AND/OR AN EARLY LUNCH, BRING A SACK DINNER/ MONEY FOR DINNER, A CHANGE OF CLOTHES, AND DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
- Students are to remain in full uniform when in public.
- Report at 11:00AM regardless of weather conditions. In the case of inclement weather a performance decision will be made by the directors.
- Please be sure your child has their inhaler/epipen with them on Saturday.